From Open Sustainability
Here at open-sustainability we are developing a free collaborative governance standard for sustainability. This standard is focused on an information-centric approach to support sustainability, developed using MIKE2.0.
What is open-sustainability?
- A startup social media and consulting company that provides solutions for sustainable development.
- A company and solution approach designed to address key sustainability requirements: global cooperation, technology innovation, changes in culture and long-term commitment.
- An approach that applies best practice principles from modern software development and management consulting to drive sustainable development in complex organizations.
- An approach based on www.openmethodology.org – a framework for Enterprise Information Management which provides open source content, technology and a wealth of lessons learned for the open–sustainability initiative.
- A business that has a deep concern for our environment and the people that we share it with. We aim to measure our success "do well by doing good".
open-sustainability: based on openmethodology concepts
- Part of the business model … sustainability must be a comprehensive competency, not an afterthought.
- An open framework … for sharing of common, collaboratively built standard.
- Information-centricity … is crucial to effective sustainability.
- Collaborative governance … engagement and participation is the key to measuring and changing behavior.
- Agility … extreme blueprinting approach for strategy, software best practices learned for implementation.
- Free … collaborative technologies and content provided for free to drive adoption.
- Participatory … a chance for individuals to shape a corporate standard and for companies to contribute to the community.
Our Mission and Values
- We aim to develop a quality resource for sustainability available freely for all people.
- To ensure sustainability is maintained into the future by integrating into core practices of all organizations.
- To help break down barriers between people around the world as we all collaborate on a sustainability framework as one.
- We foster a culture of acceptance of all people, their beliefs and backgrounds.
- We are actively working towards being a certified B Corporation and women business enterprise (WBE).
- We volunteer our time with various local charities and support our sponsor child Nadine in Chad.
open-sustainability was initially created by Sean McClowry, who founded the Open Methodology Framework and the MIKE2.0 Methodology. open-sustainability is a derivative work from this initial content.
Angela McClowry runs and manages the company and the site, developing content and building the online community. Angela has nearly eight years experience in the sustainability space across many disciplines and geographic regions.
Angela McClowry, Co-founder