From Open Sustainability
The activities in phase 4 cover Project Preparation, Execution and Performance of the solution.
Phase 4 can be broken into 3 major groups of activities:
- The Preparation activities involve reviewing all available material on the issue, engaging with external parties for assistance and briefing the team involved.
- The Execution activity which represents usually the bulk of the work for the program. If the project has been set up correctly this activity should be able to run smoothly. If issues arise they need to be dealt within an existing corrective action system. Reference to the Sustainabilty Subject Areas within FISDev will provide more specific guidance.
- The Results and Performance activity is focused on delivering the numbers that have been defined to demonstrate performance of the project. Results will be captured within the Sustainability Analysis system to enable slicing and dicing of results for the various audiences.
Phase 4 is oftentimes the place in the project where the ‘rubber meets the road’ regarding design issues. It is critical that teams avoid waiting until Phase 5 to address major strategy and design issues to avoid project delays.
Develop & Test
- Developed and Tested Sustainability Modules
- Implementation Environment (first iteration could be a Pilot environment)
- User and Operational Manuals/Online Help
- Updated Implementation Plan
- Completed project
- Operations and Monitoring
- Compliance Assessment
Continuous Improvements to the following areas:
- Solution Quality
- Sustainability Governance Policies, Metrics, Standards and Processes
- Integration and Physical Infrastructure
- Organisational Model, People and how they work together
- Post Implementation Review
- Upload of key project documents to knowledge sharing system
- Extensions to FISDev Methodology